Keynote speakers announced for anniversary conference
- 2 November 2015
IMI announces keynote speakers for January 2016 conference 'The Changing Face of Global Mobility'
A conference titled 'The Changing Face of Global Mobility' will be held between 13 and 15 January 2016 at St Anne's College, Oxford, to mark ten years of the International Migration Institute. The aim of this interdisciplinary conference is to advance theoretical understanding of the nature, drivers and impacts of migration processes. Confirmed keynote speakers and panellists include:
- Dr Oliver Bakewell, Director, IMI and Associate Professor, Department of International Development, University of Oxford
- Prof. Stephen Castles, Research Chair in Sociology, University of Sydney
- Prof. Robin Cohen, Emeritus Professor of Development Studies and former Director of IMI
- Prof. Hein de Haas, Professor of Sociology, University of Amsterdam, and former co-director of IMI
- Dr Filiz Garip, Associate Professor of Sociology, Harvard University
- Prof. Tim Hatton, Department of Economics, University of Sussex
- Dr Leander Kandilige, Visiting Lecturer at University of Northampton, Lecturer at University of Ghana and Research Associate, University of Oxford
- Prof. Uma Kothari, Professor of Migration and Postcolonial Studies, University of Manchester
- Prof. Loren Landau, Director of the African Center for Migration and Society (ACMS), Wits University
- Prof.Takyiwaa Manuh, Professor of African Studies, University of Ghana
- Dr Çağlar Özden, Senior economist in the Development Research Group's Trade and Integration team, World Bank
Conference registration is now open: book now to secure your attendance and read more about the conference, including themes, practical information, and full programme (to follow).