DEMIG TOTAL data downloads
DEMIG TOTAL follows a simple layout and is made available in Excel format.
If you draw on information tracked in DEMIG TOTAL for your research, please cite the database in the following way:
- DEMIG (2015) DEMIG TOTAL, version 1.5. Oxford: International Migration Institute, University of Oxford. www.migrationdeterminants.eu
- DEMIG TOTAL (full database in Excel) includes all data as well as a summary of all data included, definitions and sources
- DEMIG TOTAL Overview Table gives an insight into the data available for each country, by continent.
- DEMIG TOTAL Codebook provides a list and definitions of the codes used in the database.
Overview of the data tracked in DEMIG TOTAL
Number of countries covered by continent
Number of countries reported by time coverage (approximate)*
|Before 1900||Since 1900||Since 1940||Since 1950||Since 1960||Since 1970||Since 1980|
* For some countries, data are reported irregularly and may be available in the early 1900s, then stop and start again later in the century. In such cases, the country is counted only once in the early 1900s.